In the following sentences supply the articles (a, an or the) if they are necessary. if no article is necessary, write Ø
1. Jason's father bought him a bicycle that he had wanted for his birthday
2. The Statue of Liberty was a gift of friendship from Ø Franceto Ø United States.
3. Rita is studying Ø English and Ø math this semester.
4. Please give me a cup of Ø coffe with Ø cream and Ø sugar.
5. The big books on the table are for my history class.
6. When you go to the store, please buy a bottle of Ø chocolate milk and a dozen oranges.
7. What did you eat for Ø breakfast this morning?
8. Rita plays a violin and her sister plays a guitas.
9. While we were in Ø alaska, we saw an eskimo village.
10. The chair that you arw sitting is broken.
Fill in the blanks with the appropriate form of other
1. This pen isn't working. Please give me another pen
2. If you're still thirsty. I'll make another pot of coffee.
3. This dictionary has a page missing. Please give me another dictionary.
4. He doesn't need those books. He needs the other books/other boo
5. There re thirty people in the room. Twenty are form Latin America and the other re from other countires.
6. Six people are in the store. Two were buying meat. another was looking at magazines. another was eating a candy bar. ____ were walking around looking dor more food.
7. This glass of milk is sour. another glass of milk is sour too.
8. The army was practicing its drills. Ine group was doing artillery practice. another was marching; another was at attention; and another was practicing combat tactics.
9. There are seven students from Japan. other students are from Iran, and other are from other places.
10. We looked at cars today. They first two we far too expensive, but the other ones were reasonably priced.